G'day,

I've got a few jobs on the go at the moment including a deck and a "stand" for a wood fired pizza oven. This question is related to this stand for the oven.

Basically I want to use the same timber that I am using for the deck if suitable, that is, 90*90 posts, 140*45 bearers and 90*45 joists, all treated pine. This stand will be 2100 long * 1200 deep and needs to carry a load in the centre of it of 500kg. Basically that is a circle in the middle of the stand of 1000 diameter weighing 500kg.

This stand will be fixed to the house with a ledger and I wanted to only use two posts on the other side 1300 apart, therefore approx 300 overhang on each end. Along this 2100 length I play to use 5 joists (1200 span only).

The "deck" of this structure will be some sort of compressed cement sheeting and be 1000 off the ground. There will also be a similar "deck" at about 250 off the ground to act as a shelf and wood storage (and some bracing I guess).

Probably lots of superfluous info there, but the simple question really is will that structure and timber sizings be sufficient for a 500kg load over an area of 2.5m2? I've read the span tables but am not really sure about the load ratings, and I can't use the Timber solutions software as it won't run on a Mac.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hoff.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...