Hi,
I have a problem with water sitting in my storm water pipes down the side of my recently built house.

The back of the house is about 25 metres from the gutter and would be about only be 1-2 feet above gutter level there. We had to excavate down a bit as it is a double story house.
When the house was built the plumber did all the storm water etc and added a few drains at the back and siide of the house to flow out to the street by the storrm water pipes. These drains are very close to the surface level at the rear, (couple of inches under ground level to get fall so it flows towards the street.) see photos

I have noticed the pipes never drain completely but instead stay about three quarters full of water all the time. See second photo
When it rains, the water does flow out of the stormwater pipes to the street but water constantly still sits in the pipes.like there is just enough fall to drain half the pipe only etc
We have noticed mozzies now breeding in the water in the stormwater pipes.
There is no other main stormwater conection points at the rear of the property so it must flow to the street.
Any independent advice would be most appreciated. I will speak to the plumber again but interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...