Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Hand Tools - Dust Extractor

G'day mates,

I would like to buy a Dust Extractor/Collector for my garage workshop. My work area is about 3m x 5m max. Except for the hand drill, I work exclusively using hand tools. My workbench is just beside the garage's regular backdoor. When I work, the garage roller and back doors are open.

There is a fair amount of dust from sawing, sanding and scraping/planing. I wear my Sundstrom mask and goggles but the dust does get everywhere.

Due to lack of space, I would like to get a mobile unit and this H&F model seems to fit my needs, https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Pr...stockCode=W389

I will wheel the unit outside when working and the hose would not be more than 4m.

What do you think? Is the unit powerful enough for the hose length?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Cheers mate.

GUNN
    Last edited by dynoforce; 15th December 2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

Yes that unit would be fine for your purpose. I have the same size unit and use it on all of my power equipment. The pleated filter is a must for clean air and it is a good price.
    David L
    One of the great crowd beyond the bloom of youth on the Sunshine Coast

David,

Appreciate your reply. Good to know a fellow member uses it and find it good. I do find it pretty good value with the pleated filter fitted. Most others will cost more when a pleated filter is added.

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year.

Cheers

GUNN