To all the floor guys out there, I had our timber floor laid about 2 years ago when we built our house, well I laid them with a Carpenter mate of mine.
The boards were from Stonecraft in Adelaide, laid on concrete slab with a thin whitish foam layer underneath, tongue and groove boards glued together but not fixed to the concrete..... They are factory sprayed to a 65% Satin finish.
Was told by salesman that these boards were put down years ago in the Foyer of Channel 7 and they still look brand new. Well ours look as new in a room that doesn't get used very much and look crap in our main living area. Even though we have "felt feet" under our dining room chairs and plastic stops under our bar stools the boards in this room look like they have weathered through 10 plus years of traffic.
Was told they can be sanded up to 2 times in their lifetime so my question is a: do you know what kind of floor boards I am trying to describe and b: has anyone ever sanded/polished these boards and do you recommend I have them done to fix my problem?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...