Default Aussie Dollar down price up

Why is it when the dollar goes up,nothing seems to reduce in price but when the dollar drops everything immediatly goes up.

I Went to look at buying a table saw today that I saw for $750.00 a couple of weeks ago,its now nearly $1000.00.

I didn't bother!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Strungout View Post
    Why is it when the dollar goes up,nothing seems to reduce in price but when the dollar drops everything immediatly goes up.
    Very true. Same question to the interest rate.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

We are constantly told that all economies around the world are on a similar downhill slope so if another economy is going down at the same rate as ours there should be no difference in exchange rate. BUT! we are also told that the Aussie economy is actually in a stronger position than most, so just what is happening?

Denn

what i will be doing is repairing the good gear that i can buy instead of buying new chinese and tywanese gear where possible. lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by dennford View Post
    We are constantly told that all economies around the world are on a similar downhill slope so if another economy is going down at the same rate as ours there should be no difference in exchange rate. BUT! we are also told that the Aussie economy is actually in a stronger position than most, so just what is happening?

Denn
    Think of the currency as any other commodity. It does not matter (in general terms) whether the buyer is richer than the seller or viceversa, the price depends on supply and demand.