I'm halfway through my tiling job and am up to the point where I need to work out how to tile some external corners. I have several "niches" I have built into the wall studs. E.g. I have a shelf in the shower that I need tile.

My current plan is to use polished aluminium tile trim on the niches. I have mitred the the tile trim to 45 degrees quite accurately, but I believe that unless it is absolutely perfect (which is not practically achievable), there will always be some sharp edges that will be difficult to eliminate regardless of how careful I mitre and place the trim. (I don't want to be cutting myself against sharp trim while showering!)

The other alternative is to cut the tiles with a 45 degree bevel at the external corner edges and not use tile trim at all. I can do this using my little ryobi diamond disk tile cutter as the bed is able to be tilted at a 45 degree angle. However, it is difficult to cut the tile with a 45 degree bevel without chipping the sharp corner on a glazed ceramic tile. Also I fear that the sharp edge may be damaged even once grout is applied between the edges.

Any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...