Hi , This is my first post, I would just like to say that this is a great site and there seems to be a vast amount of collective knowledge between eveybody using this site.

I have recently purchased a house and I have commenced some renovations. It is a full brick house built around 50 years ago, The house has an original fireplace in the living room which had a small fixed gas heater bolted to a brick mantle, I have recently removed the miniture brick mantle around the fireplace and it is back to it's original cut out flush with the wall.

I am interested in fitting a heat & glo balanced flue gas log fireplace into the existing fireplace.

Has anybody used these products and are happy with them and their performance?

One problem that I will be faced with is that now that I have removed the brick mantle the depth of the existing fireplace is only 250mm,
Having looked at many on display in showrooms and at the recent homeshow I have decided to build a bulkhead infront of the fireplace to the ceiling so to increase the depth and also create a cavity to instal my TV above the fireplace thus creating a feature wall.
Has anybody done this before and are there any positves or negs to doing this?

Looking at many on display they don't seem to get to hot above the fireplace so I don't think that it will effect the TV but many manufactures still recommend putting a small mantle of 200mm in between the two.
My last question concerns the TV, From experience has anybody had problems fitting a plasma tv into a recessed wall cavity ? I know that they produce alot more heat than a LCD Do they need any venting at the back of the TV.

This is a similar feature that i am going for just incase i have created any confusion in my description

http://www.jetmaster.com.au/images/h...6000trsi_l.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appriceated

Thanks

More...