Hi there all,
My house has two 13m leach drains. The other day i noticed one of them was overtopping, so i thought it was about time to switch the valve to the other drain. Since weve lived in this place for 3 years and have not changed the position of the valve - it was high time really. Anyways, part of the problem was to find the divertor valve in the first place - it was lost and forgotten about till now.

I managed to uncover it after considerable digging with a tractor and shovel and attempted to turn the shaft. It turned, but i felt the movement was nowhere in the order i thought was necessary to turn the vain inside from one postion to the other. Added to this i was surprised to find that the valve actually consisted of moulded concrete - i was expecting more a complete PVC fitting. It seems that the material passing through this valve has deteriated the concrete to the state that it is practically falling to bits. I cleaned out the gunk in the valve, but still wasnt able to get the valve to operate properly.

Has anyone experienced anything like the deteriation ive got with that valve. Also whats the solution - obviously replace - but what with and are there different upstream/downstream angles on the connection ponts on the replacement valves? Also where to source one from?

More...