Howdy. I live in a high set queenslander with the usual concreted in under with laundry, car park etc.

There is one remaining concrete stump. I should have had it removed when the steel beams went up 10 years ago however didn't for reasons that are no longer relevant (Side job by a crew who didn't want to touch this one with utilities on it).

Places I have rung wont get out the truck for one stump.... not even a guestimate.

I want to replace it with a steel stump to hide in a wall I will buil to seperate off the laundry so I can level the floor and tile etc to give my wife a clean laundry. Happy wife happy life.

Now I am very handy and build my all own stuff however am looking for tips from those who have done this before.

I will hire some acrow prows to hold the bearers. Remove stump, measure and get from Brisbane posts and beams.

My preference is to try and cut or grind it off and sit the new post on the old stump. This one is in about 1200 if the others were anything to go by so it is not going to go anywhere. As this is a bloody big stump I do not want to get the root of it out, it will be ih hard shale, as we found out when digging.

What would you do? Would you jack hammer it? grind it? Use a (hired) concrete cutter? Cut it into pieces or leave it whole?

cheers

kombiman

Attached Thumbnails

More...