Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New finishing product

I am looking to finish my new brushbox, kauri, blackwood and some other timber and was going to finish in tung oil/wax finish as I do my fine woodwork.
    Came across a new german product called Treatex...imported by Whittle Waxes in Melbourne. http://www.whittlewaxes.com.au

Saw a demonstration of this stuff, and I am sold. It will withstand the dreaded wet hot coffee cup without a blemish and yes it can be applied very easily by brush and will cleanup with white spirit while its still workable.

Hope others like the stuff as much as me.

Had the floors finished this last weekend. All of the imperfections I filled with two pack epoxy used similarly as Nicolas Datner tables. Even these sections have taken the Treatex satin finish.

I had the timber positivley identified...they are...Brushbox, Karri, Blackwood and Victorian Ash (deep brown).

Sounds worth a look. Thanks Jim.
    Cheers, Ern

Hi

How easy is this product to apply, and what is the quslity of the finish - I'm hoping to make some bookcases using mainly silver ash with some jarra - and wondered how appropriate Tratex wouls be for the job.

Regards

The importer is applying it pub dance floors, hotel lobbies and other very high traffic areas.

I applied it to my jarrah table that was in desperate need for refinishing and it now looks a treat. Just applied with a stiff bristle brush with the grain. It cures in 24 hours, less if its warmer. You may be able to get a sample like I did, plus the left overs from the floor.

Thanks for the info jimc

Seems pretty impressive stuff - would love to get a hold of some - wonder if they're doing anything up here on the coast?

Will email em and find out.

Thanks again.

Jamie
    Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be responsible and wrong.
    Winston Churchill