Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default cannot access thead

Help please,
    Can access site- can access forum such as Finishing but once there cannot access particular thread. What's wrong?

Jerry
    Every person takes the limit of their own vision for the limits of the world.

Which threads are you trying to access Jerry?

Can you paste a link here by right clicking and select "Copy Link Location" and then paste it here?
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Copying a link may be cumbersome for a lot of us. And the entire link shouldn't be needed. (Almost) the only item of importance is the thread number; a 4-, 5-, or 6-digit number (depending on age of the thread; we're up to 5 digits at the moment) following the address fragment "php?t=" The number of the thread sought should display in the activity bar at the bottom of your window as the cursor hovers over a list of threads in a forum or a search list such as "New Posts." Jot down the number (or remember it). Report that number to DJ in your reply.

If you can access any thread, e.g. in a different forum here, modify the address field at the top of the screen to replace the number displayed with the number you seek.

I (try to) maintain a list of interesting thread numbers in a text file, for quick access for link construction. This trick seems to work quite well for me.

It's possible to enter an invalid number, I suppose; a deleted thread, e.g., could report an error of some sort and maybe crash. If in doubt, or just as a good practise, a protocol that works for me is to right click a target, and select "Open in a new window." Closing that window afterwards doesn't require regeneration of the source page. YMMV.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Thanks fellas,

I admit I'm computer illiterate even though I have had the things since 1986. (No I'm not still using the first XT I bought.) . Since I tried to access the thread at 6pm it may be that the traffic was too much. The other possibility is that my computer is also running a little slow. Your other advice I'll try to digest and act on ASAP.

Jerry
    Every person takes the limit of their own vision for the limits of the world.

I also am having trouble accessing threads.Have only been in the "new post" area and nothing wants to respond.............AL
    If your not confused you dont know whats going on!