Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Raw bees wax needed

It has been a while since I have needed to purchase raw bees wax, and in that time it seems to have disappeared from my usual haunts.

I know it has been tough for the bees of late, but there must surely be wax out there somewhere, just not sure where … So its over to you; can anyone out there in U'beaut BB world suggest suppliers of raw bees wax in the Melb area. I am after about 500g.

Thanks as always ...
    This message has been proudly brought to you by Bunyip

Becoming hard to get as most of it is now being cleaned and sold to be made back into the beeswax sheets used in the hives. Or it is being sold on for clarification and refining to be used in cosmetics.

I can supply you with pure refined white beeswax beads if you require but the price is pretty scary.

Cheers - Neil
    56 Rock n Roll rebel....... Too old to die young and too young to be an old fart. Guess I'll just keep on rockin' and refuse to grow old gracefully.

Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

I get my beeswax as sheets from an Apiarist supplier - The Honey Place at Urunga - NSW north coast. Phone 02 6655 6160.

Not expensive - about $30 per kg.

Ed T

Default Raw bees wax needed

I get my bees wax from a friend who has a few hives and gives me the wax for nothing after they have stripped the honey from them. If I don't take it it all get binned. You will need to clean it by wrapping the sticky mess into some cotton cloth with a heavy object then put it into a pot of boiling water and keep it on the boil for a while till the wax melts and floats to the top then kill the heat and let it sit overnight till it solidifies again. Try some local bee keepers in the area that do it on a hobbl level. If your still stuck then let me know and will send some down to you.
    I like cats but I couldn't eat a whole one :

Smile Raw beeswax

This website might help you with finding raw beeswax. http://www.honeybee.com.au
    They sell the 500gm beeswax block for $7. You can purchase online. Cant seem to find the exact location. The email address: [email protected]

Also have a look in the yellow pages under beekeepers or beeswax. You may find something there.

Good luck!

Default At the Show...

I don't know if you're in a hurry, but the Royal Melbourne Show is on in a few weeks and they usually have stands and exhibitions from apiarists... the Showgrounds are being redeveloped but there used to be a dedicated building called "The Honey Pot" just for bee stuff.

Raw bees wax is hard to get and the wax from fried bees just isn't up to the mark