Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Sanding Belt Storage

I wish I could contribute a great hint or tip on storing sanding belts, but I can't.

I have quickly flicked through ShopNotes and some books and done a search on WWF, and while there are great ideas for storing sandpaper in sheet, roll and disc form, no-one seems to have a good suggestion for storing sanding belts. I don't know about you guys but in my workshop they tend just to lie on a shelf or in a drawer and every now and then they get squashed, torn or otherwise bu99ered up.

The best I have been able to do is to put up a series of 100mm long 12mm dowels sticking out from the wall near the DP and hang the current belts in use on the WASP there. That is convenient and helps, but it takes up quite a lot of room.

And how do you store new belts before you use them?

And what about carrying some with you to a job?

And what about the belt that you use on the job then take off and put a finer belt on?
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Hey! That's my idea Been doing that, or something very like it, for about 20 years now. Of course two professionals that I know just use big cardboard boxes & chuck everything in together - they make a living at it & I'm just a hobbiest

i have mine hanging over a few 6" nails in a post.

new ones stack together si i can get about 4 on a nail. i have a nail for each grit so that makes it easy the used but still good ones go on the top of the stack.

works for me.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

I keep mine in a storage box from bunnies it's a blue one nice and strong with a lid about 600 x 300 x 250deep only $9.00. I keep a lot of my gear in kit form for doing maintenace and repair work on site so have a few of these boxes, plumbing kit, tiling kit, plastering kit etc ready for quick get away. If you just do building work or plumbing work et you only need thise tools in your truck but I cover most trades so can't carry everything all the time. Works well, sanding belts as well. Part used on one side new on the other, mostly
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!