View Poll Results: Should I install window in the outside wall above bathtub?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, do not have a window in the wall, just a skylight / opening window in roof.

0 0%
  • Yes, use the old window frame and fit leadlight panels

7 35.00%
  • Yes, but get a new window frame

13 65.00%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Default Shower Screen finished

Just about all wrapped up with this marathon project. The shower screen has finally been installed after a couple of serious hiccups with measurements. No profit for them in this job for sure.

I have treated the shower screen glass with Enduro Shield and water runs off it like a duck's back.

Attachment 72411

cheers
    Juan

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."

Hi Juan
    just wanted to say thanks for all the advice it's been a great thread and the end result looks a million dollars and all for around $15 ,000 that's hell cheap even with you doing the work and without all the fruit in there that shower screen looks hot ,how thick is it ? And have you start to use the floor heating to keep you coffee warm in the morning ?
    Also i think i have used a similar style vanity the deep draw are so much better than shallow ones.
    i think i'm going to go with the Rinni 26 soon the museun have been calling and they want my old system for display purposes

If the there was an award for best bathroom reno i think you would win no question ....congrats
    Rob

Default Bathroom Reno

Thanks for the kind words Jags.

No have not started using the underfloor heating which is less than 600 watts if my memory serves me correctly. I have done testing on it and it works great but it has not been cold enough here yet to really warrant switching it to automatic program. I reckon about end of May will be time to switch it on.

Very happy with the vanity unit and hanging them on the wall is the way to go. It makes cleaning the bathroom floor a 30 second job.

The glass screen is 10mm tempered glass and I opted for the cheaper standard glass rather than the iron free glass which reduces colour distortion. Happy with the decision.

Have treated the glass with Enduro-Shield and very happy with the result. Have a squeegee hanging in the shower and the last one to shower takes 20 seconds to quickly wipe down the inside of the panels and it always looks crystal clean.

You are making the right choice with the Rinnai 26. It is awesome. My gas bill has more than halved and the hot water delivery is unbeatable. Get the installer to set it up to deliver 60 degree water (just move a jumper connection on a couple of pins). You will need the tempering valve for the bathroom but you will have steaming hot water in the kitchen.

cheers
    Juan

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."