Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Honorary Bloke View Post

I just bought something called a Gluebot made by Fastcap. It works a treat as it is designed to "suck" the glue back from the tip when you are finished laying down a line of adhesive.
    Back in 2004 I bought the two different sizes of Gluebots. I know they are dirt cheap in the US which is where I had to buy it from the total cost was A$38.00 delivered to my place in Perth. At the time I tried source them locally but no luck.

Over the weekend I had cause to use the glue (Aquadhere). Previous to this was about 18mths to 2 years ago. During this time when I would see the GluBot I would say to myself "I must check that bottle to see what the glue was doing" but never did. Anyway with having a requirement for the glue over the weekend I discovered that the glue in the GluBot had gone to gluk (was falling out like long strands of snot), nothing had congealed and I have been able to completly clean out the inside of the GluBot. I was very impressed with the GluBot

Quote Originally Posted by rod1949 View Post
    Back in 2004 I bought the two different sizes of Gluebots. I know they are dirt cheap in the US which is where I had to buy it from the total cost was A$38.00 delivered to my place in Perth. At the time I tried source them locally but no luck.

Over the weekend I had cause to use the glue (Aquadhere). Previous to this was about 18mths to 2 years ago. During this time when I would see the GluBot I would say to myself "I must check that bottle to see what the glue was doing" but never did. Anyway with having a requirement for the glue over the weekend I discovered that the glue in the GluBot had gone to gluk (was falling out like long strands of snot), nothing had congealed and I have been able to completly clean out the inside of the GluBot. I was very impressed with the GluBot
    Agreeing with me is the absolute best choice in any event. You are obviously a person of discernment.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Honorary Bloke View Post
    Agreeing with me is the absolute best choice in any event. You are obviously a person of discernment.
    Right-on

Iain,

Never ever have fish and chips in the workshop. Or you might get yourself into a sticky situation.

Speaking of glue, do you know how much glue I used in the past 12 months? I bought a gallon of titebond II at the show last year. Guess what? I bought another one at the show this year. 4 litres in 12 months.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    Iain,

Never ever have fish and chips in the workshop. Or you might get yourself into a sticky situation.
    I never use sauce on chips, however, I shall now treat with suspicion sticky rice when we go for Yum Cha
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Back in the teaching days, we used to buy glue by the Gallon. so we needed a bottle that we could sub divide into handy size. Liquid Dish washing detergent bottles works well. As for cleaning the lid of the titebond bottle, simply soaking in water will soften to a picking consistancy, (similar to a nose nugget) if you want a fluid desolve, use Vinegar, or Vinegar/water solution, also helps to soak "Ruined" clothes in the solution before laundry. Years of drooling glue in the school shops has taught me that trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    Iain,

Speaking of glue, do you know how much glue I used in the past 12 months? I bought a gallon of titebond II at the show last year. Guess what? I bought another one at the show this year. 4 litres in 12 months.
    You're sniffin it untya

I'm buying Titebond Ultimate III in 5 gallon pails, a dozen at a time.

Great stuff.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

When I finish with a titebond bottle I alway keep the cap. Soak in water and it will turn into goo (even #III) I always keep the old then when I "do it again" to the cap I screw on the old one and soak the new one, all the while the old one keeps the bottle sealed and fresh.

Just like I never toss a rattle can w/o keeping the spray head.

I managed to pull the spout off my only bottle of
    Tite Bond ($19 worth) in a fit of anger. I now ladle
    it out with a spatula because I am too mean to throw
    the bloody thing away.

BTW, I had a container of Selleys Aquadhere 'go off'
    on me - it fell apart after it dried. I asked a guy at
    a hardware store about shelf live so he phoned Selleys
    for me. The answer? Two years.

How about upturning a container/bottle so that air is trapped at the other end?

I do that with my unused paints.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Default penetrol

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Sauce squeeze bottles have their uses BUT....
    If you have ever opened a 1litre can of Penetrol & not used it in a month or 2, it starts to go off.
    I got the big Idea of transferring it to plastic sauce bottles & squeezing all the air out before I stored it.
    The penetrol RIPPED the bottle open down the side & set hard.
    That bloody stuff will do anything to get at air.
    you are dead right about how fast it will go off. I have been putting rocks inside the tin to bring the lever up and so fat seems to be working