Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the machine techniques described earlier don't work, then try a heat gun turned up flat out and a sharp stainless steel scraper. Heat up a smallish area (15cm x 15cm) of the glue first and then get the scraper warm. Then play the heat directly in front of the scraper while scraping off the glue and it should come up easily. I removed a lot of old glue this way when renovating my laundry.
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that we are ignorant.

call another floor sander. he doesnot want to get his machine dirty. you will find one who will but will cost. shallack will come off no prob

I have a similar problem, and hired the floor scraper go lift the remnants of the rubberised glue from lifting a slate floor of timber boards.

Hired from Kennards, and while it did an ok job, it was hard work. 18kg weight in the front, and I still had to push down on the front to stop the blade just kicking over the glue.

I've done the paint scraper, heat gun, rotary hammer with chisel bit, hammer and chisel, floor scraper, belt sander, shovel, and it is just a hard hard job.

The floor is going to be covered with tiles, so I will put an underlay board down first, glued and srewed , and then tile.

It is just one of those keep plugging away until your at a stage where you can do what you need. If you are refurbing though to wood - you may have a way to go.

best of luck - I know what you are going through!