Default New fence Concreting 2 seperate fence post together

Hi Guys, I'm building another merbau/brush fence on the other side of my house this weekend as per my last fence. As you can see from my photos below how would i concrete my 125x125mm cypress post against the existing fence post.

I'm going to be building the fence almost exactly where the existing picket fence is however i have no idea if i can simply put another post right next to another post with out any problems in the future of movement etc.

I don't want to combine the existing boundary fence into the new fence. Am i allowed to butt both post up against each other and fill it with concrete? or should i seperate the 2 post with concrete in the middle?

Im currently digging 500-600mm down by 300mm is this deep enough for a 1.8m high fence, in roughly did the same on my old fence and so far no issues.

cheers
    ben

A mate of mine who is a fencing contractor said he usually leaves 100mm between front posts. at least 50mm if the other post is over a bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_sm View Post
    A mate of mine who is a fencing contractor said he usually leaves 100mm between front posts. at least 50mm if the other post is over a bit closer.
    Hi Peter_sm does that mean i will have a gap between the 2 post of around 100m, my only thought here is that it may look a bit odd having a gap that big between the post, however if that is the way to do it then i'll do it that way.