Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just an update.
    We decide to go for the Braemar TG420 warm air furnace. Has a 5 star energy rating.
    We were able to get it fitted under the house with only a little bit of spare room.
    Finished up with 9 outlets in the house and split into 2 zones.
    The rep was very helpful and as we purchased and fitted prior to winter we got an extended warranty of 10 years and a free zone motor. Breamar were pushing this.

Now all we have to do is wait for this heatwave to clear and we can try it out.

Yay no more chopping wood or looking for kindling.

Blond not overly happy as there is no bum warmer supplied, my suggestion of setting up a porta potty over one of the ducts was met with a grim stare.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Carroll View Post
    Just an update.
    We decide to go for the Braemar TG420 warm air furnace. Has a 5 star energy rating.
    that would be a 4 star rating, the 5 star series are tg5***
    Mind telling us what teh cost of teh unit was (we are looking for a new unit soonish, the old one has a -5 star rating I think!)

Blond not overly happy as there is no bum warmer supplied, my suggestion of setting up a porta potty over one of the ducts was met with a grim stare.
    your missus must have 2 sisters, a blond and a brunette, I married the brunette )

rrich Guest

When I lived in Phoenix, Arizona the primary use for the electric unit was cooling. For heating, some people used the reverse cycle units to heat. However, the vast majority used gas for heating with either a dual unit or a separate gas furnace.

I have heard that people with the reverse cycle units never really feel warm as the units do not blow air warmer than 85° F (29° C) or so. If you are use to coming in from the cold and standing next to the wood burning stove to warm up you will find the reverse cycle system lacking. Also if the unit is used for cooling you will reduce your compressor life by about half.