Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Accidents archive site

Hi there!

Sometime ago, I found a web site that had a great database of power tool accidents, injuries, etc. It was a good source of info, because in each case, it was telling you why did it happen, what went wrong, etc..

I also remember that you could filter by machine type, and degree of accident. The site was from an association, institution, or something similar (I believe).

But, can't seem to find it now

Does anyone may knew that, and remember what's the site name or URL?

Thanks a lot!
    Mariano

Oops! I think I found it again:
    http://www.woodworking.org/AccidentSurvey/search.htm

But, the Search function is disabled.. you can only log a new accident now. Hope they put that back online soon, It was a good source of info on how to prevent accidents, and how stupid things can happen in less than a second!

Best!
    Mariano

I know a bloke who was using a circular saw to trim the timber sleepers of a retaining wall he had built. He had removed the blade guard because it only gets in the way when you are balancing at the top of a retaining wall. Anyway he slips and falls backward to the ground. Bet that hurt,... but not as much as when the angry circular saw followed him down and landed in his lap severing his femural artery in the top of his inner thigh!

If the hospital wasn't less than 10 minutes away they reckon he was a gonna. Very lucky boy.

prozac