Default Finishing off deck edge

Hello all,
    I've laid all my decking boards and cut them off flush with the joists at each end. I want to attached a board to the joist and flush with the cut ends of the deck to 'frame' the entire deck.
    My problem is that, being only an amateur, my saw cut of the decking boards is not completely straight and so in some instances the end board will be flush with the end of the deck and in others there will be gaps. I've been trying to think of a solution (some sort of rebate in the end board to hide the cuts/puting some aluminium angle over the edge to hide the cuts etc) but can't come up with an easy one. Any ideas or tips that I could try to tidy up the ends of the deck?
    Cheerio,

Mark CH

I reckon the aluminium angle would look real smick, a router set to depth with a good long fence clamped to the boards could do it, countersink the holes and screw- then tell anyone who asks that it's a design feature
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

If you don't want to (or can't) use a straight edge fastened to the deck to guide the circ saw and trim the ends exactly the same, you could accomplish the same effect using the framing board and the small fence guide that comes bundled with the circ. (Or are you like the rest of us and have "put that bit somewhere for safekeeping..."? Which is tantamount to "I lost it." )

Adjust the CS's depth of cut so it's just a mm deeper than the decking boards. Secure the framing board in place and measure the widest gap, then set the fence so the saw cuts at that width. (ie. it's the same distance as the widest gap when measured to the other side of the saw blade.)

Then 'tis just a matter of trimming the ends of the decking with the fence being guided by the framing board, which should leave you with a constant width gap over the entire length. If, during this trim, the framing board "comes loose" because it had been pulled up tightly to a deck board that you've just cut away (DAMHIKT is a possibility! ) then it's a simple matter to resecure the framing board properly and making a second pass with the CS.

It'd take less time to do than it took me to write this post! (Well... maybe not quite. But it's really not a long job. ;
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc