Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes1 View Post
    I intend on having around 15 double points, 8-10 double batten flouros, 3 or 4 sets of track lighting (each 2 or 3 globes) on dimmers.

What cabling is likely to come in to support that wiring requirement? Will it come in via a single mains cable or multiple cables?
    Get a Lic Spark in and he will do a Max Demand Calculation for the installation and install a mains cable from your existing meterbox on its own circuit to the shed the the size of the cable installed depends on many things 2 being are

1/ Max Demand of the Install ( the current drag your shed will use)
    2/ The distance the shed is from the Meterbox to compensate for Volt drop)

As you can see by throwing in a conduit for the spark you might think you are doing him a favour but if you throw something in to small and the cble does not fit then what was the point of the exercise!!!<!-- / message -->

Thanks guys. I will be talking to a licenced sparky near my house that has been recommended to me by a mate in the building trade. At least I should get a fair/honest quote this way.

Outcome should be that we run the required amount of conduit up through the slab into the right spot as well as some advice on best how to do the cable run from the house to the shed. Once I know where for sure we'll run the mains cable I'll get the ditch witch organised and make a mess of the back dust bowl/lawn and garden beds!!