Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Drawer runners for kitchen.

Sorry, another kitchen question.

Are 30kg rated drawer runners usually sufficient for all kitchen draws do you think ? Even for the ones that hold the big pots ?

30kg load are the normal types of runners and would normally suit any draw under 500mm wide. Anything over, i would use 45kg ball baring runners.

Pot draws are normally 600mm wide anyway. Make sure with pot draws that they are solid bottom, not 3mm

Thanks mate. Appreciate the advice.

Been looking at these because their fairly cheap.
    http://www.hafele.com.au/isapi/online/tchff/tchff.asp
    I want concealed ones. But there doesn't seem to be any there to support loads greater than 30kg.

Wondering if you know where I could get 45kg concealed ones.
    thanks.

Hi,
    I am faced with the same situation. I think that 30KG is a fair weight and even if you add in the weight of the drawer, you need some heavy cast iron pots to get to 30kg.
    Regards
    Les

If you have stainless or aluminium pots I think a draw full of tins, jars and bottles full of stuff would weigh more. Pots are mostly air and dont pack to well.
    I never make mistakes, I thought I did once but I was mistaken

Top 10 reasons I procrastinate

As I am soon to purchase some more runners for the kitchen cabs, I noted that Blum do have a 50kg rated runner, the Tandem full extension part # 566H5000P, 566H5500P, 566H6000P being the 500mm, 550mm and 60mm lengths. I spoke to Lincoln sentry and they have them in stock.
    Regards
    Les
    Last edited by lesmeyer; 16th January 2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo error

Quote Originally Posted by lesmeyer View Post
    As I am soon to purchase some more runners for the kitchen cabs, I noted that Blum do have a 50kg rated runner, the Tandem full extension part # 566H5000P, 566H5500P, 566H6000P being the 500mm, 550mm and 60mm lengths. I spoke to Lincoln sentry and they have them in stock.
    Regards
    Les
    Interesting Les.....Did you find out how much they cost by any chance ?

When I purchased my first set, the 30kg rated ones, I paid about $37 per set. That was after Hafele quoted $70 for the Hettich equivalent and Lincoln sentry quoted $68 on the phone. However some pleading with them when I went in, saw them come down in price and I think I must have got close to trade price. Will soon find out what the cost of the 50kg rated ones are. I suspect that they would be slightly more. I will be using them for 800mm wide drawers and also for the pull-out bin.
    Regards
    Les

When I purchased my first set, the 30kg rated ones, I paid about $37 per set. That was after Hafele quoted $70 for the Hettich equivalent and Lincoln sentry quoted $68 on the phone. However some pleading with them when I went in, saw them come down in price and I think I must have got close to trade price. Will soon find out what the cost of the 50kg rated ones are. I suspect that they would be slightly more. I will be using them for 800mm wide drawers and also for the pull-out bin.
    Regards
    Les

I highly doubt they you got them down to cost price. I'm importing runners straight from Taiwan and going to sell them on ebay and people here and there. The price of what i get them for and what they sell for on ebay is a HUGE difference, and ebay is selling them for about 20% less than the RRP.

The runners i'm getting are 700mm long though. Maybe if it goes well i'll make my next order to import more common runners, like 500mm

Quote Originally Posted by big_gumbo View Post
    I highly doubt they you got them down to cost price. I'm importing runners straight from Taiwan and going to sell them on ebay and people here and there. The price of what i get them for and what they sell for on ebay is a HUGE difference, and ebay is selling them for about 20% less than the RRP.

The runners i'm getting are 700mm long though. Maybe if it goes well i'll make my next order to import more common runners, like 500mm
    So I guess that means you will be selling them to forum members at mates rates then

Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by big_gumbo View Post
    I highly doubt they you got them down to cost price.
    I said close to trade price not cost. I also prefer using the German made runners that would outlast the chinese stuff.
    I already use the Blum tandem blumotion runners on other drawers already installed and they are just the ducks nuts. Soft close self close without even a whisper.
    I guess the golden rule applies here. One get what one pays for.
    Regards
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by wattlewemake View Post
    So I guess that means you will be selling them to forum members at mates rates then

Shane.
    Of course! The price i'm planning will be about 50% lower than RRP. Thats if i dont get any extra cost along the way

I said close to trade price not cost. I also prefer using the German made runners that would outlast the chinese stuff.
    I already use the Blum tandem blumotion runners on other drawers already installed and they are just the ducks nuts. Soft close self close without even a whisper.
    I guess the golden rule applies here. One get what one pays for.
    Regards
    Les
    Well, the chinese stuff if usually made with german made machines with metal from Australia.
    My old work made kitchens and the runners they used with made in Taiwan. The boss gave them a 10 year warranty and never a complaint with any of the kitchens we did