Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by derekcohen View Post
    Lignum

As John notes, this was just me letting off a bit of steam among friends while warning others what to do and what not to do. I take responsibility for not doing my homework. I was aggrevated by the blatant dishonesty of the Seller. The piddling amount of money does not minimise that, but in the grand scheme of events in life, this is an even more piddling affair. Plane went back today and the whole event is forgotten.

Regards from Perth

Derek
    I do understand Derek. It's that horrible feeling of being ripped off that overrides the common sense of the time and monetary value of the transaction. It's the feeling that you're being laughed at by someone who has little or no respect for his or her fellow humans. When they're cornered that immediately go for the grey areas ("it's a matter of perception") and try to blur the issue.

I know that I'm willing to chase after someone for $5.00 if I have this feeling of being ripped off, but will let $100.00 slide if I perceive that the seller made an honest mistake in selling something to me that was overpriced.

There should be more people like you who hold people like that to account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    . When they're cornered that immediately go for the grey areas ("it's a matter of perception") and try to blur the issue.
    I know what you mean. Isn't it frustrating when people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    be very careful on ebay, ask for more pics
    my partner recently got ripped off for really big bucks on a vintage guitar
    he's experienced, always asks for photos and serial numbers and knows what he's buying.
    This was an outright forgery, interpol can only intervene for more than $10,000
    once it was a fun place to go, but now there are too many dishonest poeple useing it as a place to offload stuff they cant sell at a market.
    only acept from those with 99.9% feedback.
    for small purchasers a lot dont bother with negative feedback so if anyone has had any bad feedback, check it out.

Astrid
    Always use Paypal, the transaction can be cancelled & reversed
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

well you only get what you pay for ......his ad did state 14day return ......and money back ...ok so you loose the postage .....life is full of experiances, its how you deal with them that counts ...dont let one minor bad experiance ruin your day ...or buy aything from him in the future either .....and move on

Derek the description certainly wasn't complete and there was a degree of "puffery". The seller's response to being caught was not that of someone who was being completely honest.

On the other hand, if this was a real "gem" of a plane worth more than you paid you probably wouldn't be offering the seller more money. We all like a deal.

You both managed to find some common ground and should feel grateful you were able to mitigate your losses. I'm with some of the other replies in that I no longer seek remedy to all my grievances. If you can get some sort of result so that you are not completely ripped-off, then don't "busta-gasket". Mellow out over a beer and find a way to make it a good story around the barbie.

If all else fails I can send you some of my tablets, they work for me.

prozac

Hi Prozac

Thanks.

The result was that the Seller repaid the auction amount plus postage (but not the postage in returning the plane to him).

He subsequently listed the plane again on ebay, this time not claiming that it was in good working condition. I do not know whether it sold or not. I put it out of my mind.

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Visit www.inthewoodshop.com for tutorials on constructing handtools, handtool reviews, and my trials and tribulations with furniture builds.

I would be upset too with some greedy lying crook giving an innacurate statement like that. The plane is unusable apart from using as a missile directed at the crook's head.

I am not sure what some people mean when they say get over it, it is only a small amount. Any amount ripped is dishonest and should be dealt with - not brushed over or rated according to the amount lost. To me the amount is irrelevant.

I have never bothered with ebay as I have heard too many sad stories. I'd prefer to take my chances with the corporate crooks, at least I have some sort of comeback.
    - Wood Borer

Ebay's quite handy Bob.
    Just one very simple rule for your own protection.
    Only pay by Paypal or credit card.
    The transaction can be reversed by you for the non performance by the seller.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com