Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Adapter for Re-Cycled water tap

Hoping someone may be able to help.
    I live in an area where we have a re-cycled water tap outside for gardening that has a different thread on the tap. I think its a reverse thread. Anyway the problem is that I want to put one of those 1 into 4 water spliters on the tap but they all use the std thread.
    With the spare 5 mins I had to look thru bunnings I could only work out a one way to do what I want. Fit the std recycle water fitting on the tap then click in a 'double adapter' thingy then screw a clicky thing on to the splitter then I can click the whole lot together. It's not cost prohibitive but the thing ends up 6 ft long and just about hits the ground.

Does anyone know an easier option.
    If I knew a plumber I'd get him to illeagally replace the recycled water tap fitting back to a std one but I dont know a plumber.

Buy a $2 brass garden tap from Bunnings and some plumbers tape, turn off the water and replace it yourself.

Agree with Burnsy, but put a sign warning that it is recycled water at the tap to avoid people trying to drink from the tap.

Quote Originally Posted by malb View Post
    Agree with Burnsy, but put a sign warning that it is recycled water at the tap to avoid people trying to drink from the tap.
    One would think that they should have that already, who checks the thread on a tap before they bend down and take a drink from it, would be a trap for Tradies who were not in the know.

DONE! I thought it might be a big no no, but it seems as though that will be the easiest solution

Cheers fellas