Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

very nice

there was talk a thread or two ago about a mob called malibu stainless providing pre-ordered lengths that you just drill & screw in. people's experiences have been good. where is it? ahh here it is - https://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=59377 - miami stainless i should say

shame about the switch - you could always get some old offcuts off decking & remake your own cover-plate the way you want it. maybe make it waterproof too so you don't fry yourself when you jump out of the spa dripping wet after imbibing a few... like this time when i was young(er) and smart(er) i was drunk off my face washing my hands and splashing water on my face, didn't realise the whole vanity was drenched in water and a hair-dryer was lying on its side -and im wondering was this zap-zap-zap-zap feeling is everytime i put my hands under the running tap...
    "Man got the opposable thumb - woman got four opposable fingers." - Rowdy

Thanks heaps. That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Yeah i bought mine from them. It came in 2 days deliverd to my door. Im about to put it on tomorrow. It looks dead easy.
    Cheers.

Is that switch 240V? I don't like the idea of sitting in a spa of water and leaning out to flick on the blower. I think you should be able to get either a low voltage or an airswitch.

About the joists and bearers being bowed/twisted, rough sawn tends to be more inclined to move and varies in size. Better to use rougherheaded / lasercut. More stabel and consistant in size.

The switch for the spa is an air switch. I found the actual switch hanging from some wires which had been cable tied to one of the bearers.

Back to the deck though. I've been making slow progress while we've had all this rain, along with planning a new driveway, re-fencing some paddocks and removing lantana.

Yesterday i did the facing for the step. I've decided against installing lights into the facing and will instead put some lights along the top of the step. I've also ordered the wire balustrade through miami stainless as you suggested Brynk. It'll cost about $700 to do it all myself, so i'm pretty happy with that.

I've got a bench saw from a friend and i'll cut the last boards around the deck. Then i've only gotta do the steps and access hatches and i'll be done!

Quote Originally Posted by BustedThumbs View Post
    Then i've only gotta do the steps and access hatches and i'll be done!
    Ah I love that comment!!!

A few words I'm sure a few people here will read and chuckle (grimace?) at:
    "only"
    "I'll be done"

I wish...

Loki

ps Steps - hmmm. They've driven me crazy and consumed so much of my time lately! Good luck