Question Need help navigating forums

Hello,

I am obviously new but can someone explain the basics to me. Where to go to post a new item, what the different headings mean woodies wiki? ispy? what is a blog? how do you put your birthday in the calendar?

Hi and welcome to the forum. To start a new thread. go to the catagory you want to create a thread in and at the top of the page on the left you will see a tab that says. "New Thread" click on that and you can write your own thread. If you want to reply to someones thread or topic just click on the reply tab and you can comment on the thread. Just give it a try and you will soon get the hang of it. The rest is pretty much self explanitory once you click on them such as ispy and wikies and Blogs. Have fun welcome to the madhouse.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

PS the reply tab is at the top left of the thread or you can click on one of the icons at the bottom left of the post you want to reply to. you can do a quick reply by clicking on the far right icon at the bottom of the post.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

For your birthday ,( though you won't get extra presents from this lot ) click on User CP, then on edit profile and scroll down ot the area where you can add your date of birth
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Welcome barney - Much of what you're looking for is explained in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on the top navigation bar nestled between Blogs and iSpy. For now the info on Projects should be ignored as we aren't using it, but pretty much everything else is explained apart from the Wiki which is or will eventually be an encyclopaedia on all things wood. Might get some FAQ's on for it this weekend.

Hope this is of some help.

Feel free to play around with settings and almost everything you come across. That's the easiest way to find your way around and figure out how it works. You can't break anything........ I hope

Cheers - Neil
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by ubeaut View Post
    You can't break anything........ I hope

Cheers - Neil

Oooers. . . . careful Neil. I can stuff up anything.
    Cheers,

Bob