Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, and it's the time/cost/interdependency of these details which can be really hard to illuminate to the client...

One of my old teachers worked for Jennings. He reckoned that if weather was amenable and all stops were pulled out, they could hand over a single storey project home in a hair past six weeks.

Of course, the downside of that is everyone else not understanding why theirs takes longer!

Cheers, Adam.

I know it's illegal but whats stopping you from running the wires and putting the points in and then getting a trady in to check everything over on the basis you had a disagreement with the original trady who walked out on the job? How will anyone truly be the wiser?
    The sparky is effectively providing a warranty on someone else's work. Would you be prepared to do that? I know I wouldn't.

A mate of mine got a sparky, a mate of his, to come in an install a new hot water heater for him. While he was at the site, my mate mentioned to the sparky that the off peak switch had been tampered with so that it was permanently on - he never ran out of hot water. The sparky turned to him and said "now that you've told me that, I can't install this hot water heater for you because I will have to report this and you will probably get in the poo. I'm not prepared to do that, so you'll have to get someone else and hope they don't notice. Keep your mouth shut."

What he ended up doing was calling Country Energy and telling them that he thought the switch might be defective, so they came out and put in a new one no questions asked. Then the sparky came back in installed the HWS.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."