Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_White View Post
    My house is wired using all HPM fittings e.g switch plates and GPO's so not matching them up was not an option to put some elcheapo plates on the wall.
    Luckily I'm not that fussy else I'd break the bank given the cost differences between hpm/clipsal vs keyston.

The way I see it power outlets are power outlets and data outlets are data outlets. Don't need to match as long as all the power outlets are consistent and all the data outlets are consistent throughout the house. Most times the outlets are obscured by equipment anyway and I never see them.

I'm looking at getting a 6 way keystone outlet for future expandability. I'll just fill in the unpopulated ports with blanks as required. Three just doesn't seem like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzie View Post
    FWIW I had a problem when trying to make fly leads from some leftover solid cable I rescued from an office rewiring. The gauge of the wire in the solid cable I had did not fit the RJ45 plugs I had. I think there must be several specs for solid wiring, perhaps that maybe one of the diffs between Cat5e and 6 solid?
    Was that with proper cat6 solid cable or just some random cable that looked like it coud be used?

This may not have everything you want but its a good start at excellent prices.

www.4cabling.com.au

I get all my data cabling/wall plates etc there now

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    This may not have everything you want but its a good start at excellent prices.

www.4cabling.com.au

I get all my data cabling/wall plates etc there now
    Yup. Highly recommended. I bought from there as well after stumbing across them by pure chance. Did a pickup order as I was near by. Unfortunately they only have 4 way keystone plates and I wanted 6 way. They also didn't sell any blanking ports so ebay was the answer to the 6 way plates and blanking ports (I need 5 ports and installing 2x4way just seemed like more work than it was worth). Forgot to pick up the panel wall brackets though! Doh