Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Cleaning merbau before spa n deck

Hi all,
    I have started applying Spa n deck to my front merbau fence one panel at a time. I am up to the panels at the front of my house where on the inside my dogs have been jumping up on them leaving big muddy paw prints. I cant seem to get the paw print stains out of the timber, Ive tried nappysan and powerlift but I can still see mud stains.
    Any suggestions?

Dear Dan,

I am not sure if this will help but along with the cleaners that you have used did you scrub the area fairly hard and did you try to clean as well with a high pressure water cleaner? Both Napisan and Powerlift main active ingredient is sodium percarbonate at around 30%. I would have tried what you have done along with the pressure cleaner. You can comfortably use 1800psi with 10-11 litres a minute output and not damage the wood as long as the water comes out in a fan similar to a metal scraper. You want a fan about 75 mm about 150 from the tip of the sprayer. You do not want the water to come out in a straight hard jet . That will damage the wood.If the stains are still there you may want to try to wait for the timber to dry and do a small test area with say 40-60 grit sand paper. I am just not certain as to how old your fence is and if the puppy put red, black or brown dirt into the timber. I wish you luck.

JimJ www.restore-a-deck.com.au

Its about 4 months old now, with plain old brown mud which has left dark footprints, I will try using the pressure sprayer next weekend.