Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thats price match price by the way... They dont like it when you price match..but its their policy..and Mitre 10 have started to price match too.
    Good for the consumer..

Quote Originally Posted by oohsam View Post
    Thats price match price by the way... They dont like it when you price match..but its their policy..and Mitre 10 have started to price match too.
    Good for the consumer..

Great price no matter how you got it but makes more sense now... Where did you get the first price from as in sydney they state they won't match trade prices or quantity prices basically saying off the shelf retail prices only..

cheers utemad

$5.22 /m is fantastic. been shopping around geelong and the best i could get is $7.
    If you could get me 800 Lm i will throw in a few slabs

Default Boards Done!!!

Hey guys.
    boards are all down. Just cut the ends off to get them square. All I have left is to put up the extra posts for the hand railes, and put the baulstrad through, then oil and DONE!

I love it already. We've had a bbq with some ppl over..I couldnt resist.

Fantastic, Oohsam, you would have to be very happy with that.

Have a well deserved beer for some of the guys here, at Ubeaut, who have provided some brilliant advice along the way.

I'm sure you'll keep us all up to speed as you finish it off with oil and balustrades.

Well done.

Thanks Dusty...that means heaps to me!
    You're right, everyone here gave me so much advice, I love this place now....this thread is great for anyone begining a deck. Its my frist time building one too...LOL...Im so proud. Will keep you all updated as the reset of it is finished. Hopefully only a few more days work..

Looking good mate - really well done!
    You've now got a large really useful entertaining area I'm sure you're all going to love. Plus you'll find you're getting less dirt and mess in the house now too.

We've had heaps of rain here in Sydney so I've hardly touched my deck in the last couple of weeks, however I'll post some pics tomorrow of the s/steel balustrade I used - I love it and can highly recommend it!

You deserve to be proud - keep us posted with more pictures as you add the finishing touches.

Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2012 View Post
    Is that correct that you have just attached the bearers to the side of the posts with screw bolts, will this be strong enough. I'm about to build a deck wich will be 300 mm off the ground it would be a lot easier to do it this way I'm just not sure that this is the right way as all the books I have seen on building decks get you to make a cut in the post and have the bearer sitting on it and then bolt.. Any thoughts ?
    Always house out your posts / stumps. That's how I do it all the time. I've seen that Scot Cam on Backyard Blitz bolt bearers to the side of post / stumps BUT he sticks a couple of nails into the side of them to hold them on then bolts them together. Not the way I do things and not the way I would recommend others do things.

In regards to posts in ground I prefer to have them in stirrups with the post / stump bolted to that and out of the ground.
    Anyones thoughts on this one?

Cheers,
    Dr - 307.
    All decks should be stained....black white black white black white.......after all it would match anything!
    All roofs should be covered or tiled.....black colorbond, silver mist, black colorbond, silver mist, black colorbond.........after all, we wouldn't want a mismatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr - 307 View Post
    Good advice
    Ditto that, on all points.
    Much stronger, and it doesn't take much to house the bearer.
    And less likely that the timber will rot if it's in stirrups.