Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Movember

Default Movember

If nothing else I'd like to use this post to raise awareness of the Movember cause and if I get any sponsors that will be a bonus.As part of the Movember charity moustache growing event I have shaved off the goatee and I'm growing a Chopper Reid moustache. If you would like to sponsor me please follow the instructions below. The event benefits some worthy causes and the money raised goes to two main charities, Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and Beyond Blue. The aim of this event is to increase awareness of male health issues so your support is important.

But it' s not all fun and games, so why the extreme behaviour?

Which ever way we look at it, men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy for men is five years less than for women.
    The obvious question is why?

The answer is because men lack awareness about the very real health issues they face, have a "she'll be right" attitude and are reluctant to see a doctor about an illness or to go for regular medical checks.

The aim of Movember is to change these attitudes, make male health fun by putting the Mo back on the face of fashion and in the process raise some serious funds for key male health issues, including:

Prostate Cancer: because every year in Australia 2,900 men die of prostate cancer - equivalent to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually. [ Find out more ].

Male Depression: because one in six men experience depression at any given time but most don't seek help.
    [ Find out more ].

Instructions
    Please go to the link below and enter my registration number which is 114723 . http://www.movember.com/au/donate/donate-search.php
    My name will appear towards the bottom of the page in the search results click on the word Sponsor after my name then follow the prompts.

All donations over $2 are tax deductible. If you would prefer to sponsor me with cash, cheque or direct debit please PM me. Donations can be made anytime during November.I will post a picture of the Mo at the end of the month.Thanks in advance for your support.HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

We want to see progress pics...

Good on you for participating
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Here's day 1.

HH.

Yep we're doing it to at work, my whole shift gang is doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry72 View Post
    Yep we're doing it to at work, my whole shift gang is doing it!

HH you are the first place I have seen and heard what its all about plenty of it on FOX about MOVEMBER but not what its all about good luck with it

Ray

Thanks Ray I'm up to $515 so far.

HH.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
    Thanks Ray I'm up to $515 so far.

HH.
    Daughter gt inter office e-mail from anew staff member it stated "support me in Movember our donation will be apprieciated "no links no explanation nothing she came home last night asking whats it all about hadn't heard a thing. He's been with the company 3 weeks

He probably won't get too many sponsors that way. They make it pretty easy they supply all the content on the website with suggested email content and explanations.

HH.

Default Movember

I just came home from a prostate Support Group Meeting and read the new threads. It is great to hear that a successfull fund raising scheme has got behind Prostate Cancer in this manner. Prostate Cancer has always been second cousin to Breast Cancer in obtaing research grants etc. The women have been doing it better. There are as many men effected by Prostate Cancer as there are women with Brest Cancer with the same end result. Both are curable if found early.

Support the cause. What Prostate Cancer needs is a simple 100% effective method of testing/screening men to identify the cancer early. The "little prick" is the best we have at the moment but it is not 100% effective and as such lacks support with some members of the medical fraternity. Never the less if your over 50 get a PSA test around every birthday and you should not need to attend Suppot Groups.

Default Update 12/11/07

Here's latest update shot of the Mo.

Up to $570 now and team have rallied and our combined total is now $855.

HH.

Default Current Total

Here's how the fund raising is going overall.

HH.