Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    and gidday from me too Joe!

I have a feeling it was a FWW Tools and Shops issue?

Cheers,
    P
    I have that FWW - in fact, I think it wasn't much more than a single garage. I don't have the publication handly but it was probably 2005 or 2006. I will look for it on the weekend.
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

Quote Originally Posted by gatiep View Post
    You are a CHAMPION! Thats the file I've been looking for and the video off the site is good enough.
    I have to do something about my chaotic shed and just needed to refresh my memory with some tips. No point in spending time reinventing some of the things already covered in the post. Mine is not for a double garage but for a 6 m x 9 m shed, but the principle still applies.
    Thanks again!
    What a fantastic set up, I hadn't seen that before so I'm certainly pleased you asked the question Joe (sorry I'm new member, wasn't around when you were here).

Now can anyone tell me how to save that video onto the computer ? ??

Cheers

Bob K

I will see if I can find the video file and get back to you. I have an idea I can transfer it directly to your computer if you wish. There is new software out now to do this sort of thing.
    CHRIS

Hi Shane, thanks for the welcome. eah did see you at the other end of the showroom but was a hectic day, especially if theres a 'fairer sex' around . One then needs to give lots of attention mate. Lol. Noted on your proposed mobile bases. I used 30 mm RHS instead of timber for the base that supports my bandsaw.

Thanks Mini, sounds good mate

Hey Cliff, nice to catch up with you, its been a while. Hope to be on fairly regularly.

Yeah Murray it may be more but I only ever saw what the link has about the Double Garage.
    Bob it's really a good idea . I really like the fact that he uses some tool starage cabinets as in and out feed tables.
    I have a number of books on shed layout, most use shelves inbetween cabinets. I realy dont like shelves as they collect clutter, sawdust, dust etc and are impossible to cean unless the tools are removed. Any shelves in my future shed will be covered with doors in a toolcabinet. I'm thinking that toolcabinets against the walls, above machine heights may be the answer. I'm hoping to use very slender cabinets with hinged doors of the same depth. That way one can store gear in the doors and it effectively doubles the wall space. Another idea would be to mount two smaller machines on flipover tops on some cabinets, ie a 12 1/2" thicknesser on top of the cabinet and another unit ie a scroll saw on the other. Just flip the top to use one or the other. Small machines like grinders can be mounted on one side of a flip over top, enabling one to use the other face as a in/out feed table.
    The above are just some of my thoughts, any other ideas are most welcome. Let the ideas flow in guys!
    Last edited by gatiep; 4th September 2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: typos etc

gatiep, I did something along those lines a little while ago, I had a thicknesser and sander on a dual purpose stand.

Worked very well, but I have since bought a bigger thicknesser and sold the GMC one, I have yet to mount my scrollsaw in its' place.

Most of my machines, including the table saw, are on mobile bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    I will see if I can find the video file and get back to you. I have an idea I can transfer it directly to your computer if you wish. There is new software out now to do this sort of thing.
    Hi Chris,

do you think I could get a copy of that video also if you find it.

Thanks

Bob K

PM me re disc with your email address.
    CHRIS

I have a two car garage and almost everything is mobile. I can pull in either the wife's car or my 18' boat. I'm getting ready to build a new mobile base for the drum sander that has some drawers for additional storage. Outfeed tables are from Woodpecker and fold up to hang from the wall.

I like the mobile aspect, but every time I visit my brother's shop I envy having the table saw in a fixed position. I end up having to tune mine 3 or 4 times a year, he almost never has to worry about it.

Hey Joe.

I too have periods of inactivity on these boards and people come and go, some I miss and some, well, you know what I mean.
    You, old son, are one of those we missed.
    It seems these forums have almost outgrown woodwork, per se. They now cover everything that is worth doing.
    There is no getting away permanently, unless you are really naughty and spit the dummy and get banned. But even then you can reinvent yourself, ey stoppers?
    But, to the point
    Welcome back
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    Hey Joe.

I too have periods of inactivity on these boards and people come and go, some I miss and some, well, you know what I mean.
    You, old son, are one of those we missed.
    It seems these forums have almost outgrown woodwork, per se. They now cover everything that is worth doing.
    There is no getting away permanently, unless you are really naughty and spit the dummy and get banned. But even then you can reinvent yourself, ey stoppers?
    But, to the point
    Welcome back

Thanks for the welcome etc mate. The board woudn't allow me to post even when logged in. Maybe it has forgotten me Must admit it's been a while.

To all the others that responded: Thank you guys.

Well done with boat and car BigShed.

Mini have you had any luck with the file you were trying to convert for me?

Have fun guys
    Cya
    Joe