Default Painting costs, Commercial and Residential???

Hi.
    I need to quote on a big project and I cant use the system I've been using so far, time rate and average spaces.
    Can anyone recommend me a good costs book, or tell me how much is the average price per sqmt in Queensland, with and without materials.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pab362002 View Post
    Hi.
    I need to quote on a big project and I cant use the system I've been using so far, time rate and average spaces.
    Can anyone recommend me a good costs book, or tell me how much is the average price per sqmt in Queensland, with and without materials.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I hope the weather is not heating up to much you in the tropics. I can't tell you the rate in Qld or Cairns for that matter but I can tell you the rate in Tassie is approx $35 sqm (including paint) this is for residential.

Bakes

Do a search on Cordell's

Cordells is pretty expensive to buy, and to maintain updates, especially if you're only using it for this one job.

Experience is the best teacher. Take a punt and try not to leave yourself short. Punt high if you can do without the job. Worst case is that you may fall a bit short, but you'll know better for next time so you'll gain a valuable lesson.