Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Postal services??

I ordered Mike Wallers trailer cat plans 11 days ago... at the same time I ordered GlenL's trailer plans and a set of plans for a camper for the back of the F100... 11 days ago... got an email from both companies saying they would post first thing next mail out...

Guess which one arrived today

Oh Glen L is in the states while Mike is in Queensland and Im in West Aussie

No one tell me Aussie post is a great mob who are doing a brilliant job! Bloody quicker to get something ordered over the net from the States than it is from the other side of the bloody country?? in my book someones stuffing around if it works like that!

Just saying if it takes over 11 blasted days for a package to cross the damned country yet I get an international package on the 11th day its not only ludicrous its downright disgusting!!

Interestingly Mike says this on his site
    DELIVERY OF PLANS

All orders are sent within 2 working days wherever possible. Larger orders may require a little longer. Please note that within Australia, plans will usually be received within 2 working days of posting
    2 days?? hello!! Its now 11 and still nothing!!

okay email was sent today and havent heard from them yet... will give them a blasted long distance my friggin cost phone call tomorrow morning!... then you watch they will turn up in tomorrows mail
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Shane
    Don't blame the postie yet. I waited three weeks before enquiring about a item expected through the post. The fellow told me he sent it and sure enough a couple three days later it arrived - post marked the day I called him.
    Cheers,
    Rod

oooh I think if thats the case not only will I be eating humble pie here but doing my block on the phone!! The money for the plans like the stuff from GlenL existed my CC the day I ordered them so there better be a damned good reason they are NOT here yet

GlenL by paypal Mike by CC... damned well infuriating when the missus gets the mail cause Im not here and its a blasted parcel from the states and Ive got to explain theres another that was meant to be here a week ago from Queensland... not a good look arguing with a wee tiny ball of blonde fury on nicobate patches who has spent shyteloads during her wee holiday in Singypoor but wont allow me to spend a few miserly 100 smakers to placate me boatlust extremitus... shes become quite the savage since going over there and giving up the smokes thankfull one of us remained sane and can enjoy the peace and tranquility of life without biting everyones heads off at the slightest murmur

oh and she convienently has FORGOTTEN that SHE said I could buy one more set of plans! so Im copin it left right and centre here... so they better rock up soon or she will have slaughtered me in preperation of their arrival

here honeybuns have a smoke for gawds sake!! nah its doin her good not havin any savin a fair whack of moolah too... she was bad!! ooh a bad bad wee girl was my missus... me I only choof a few a day not enough to make a gnat cough... true!!

ahem!!! It is the postal services fault!!! they do not like me... I have no choice but to blame them... sorry no if the posty lady would occasionally smile I might be pursuaded but she wont and mail keeps going missing or not being delivered so its their fault!!

It better be cause Mike AINT heard anyone go off the handle like I will if theyve bloody forgotten me and yet taken me doosh! oooh I will be a cranky demanding buggar... and theres them cheep airfares at present so any damned nonscence and by gar I'll jump a plane and give him both barrels in person

but its the postal service
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

See!! Told yer it was the postal service!!! Turned up today didnt it

Mind you apparently from what Mike said in his email this morning every set of plans he sent out that week went awol... none arrived at their destination... well not within the time frame anyway... but he was prepared to send another set if it hadnt arrived by the end of the week which is damned good of him

Anyway I zapped him an email telling him they had arrived and alls good

1. Ask Post Office for an official complaint form - there is such a thing. Lodge it, make sure they give you the little tear off strip with the serial number on it - when they don't give you a reply within a few weeks, give them another rocket & quote the number. (note to self: follow up last complaint I put in)

2. There is an un-natural law of the Universe: the further the item has to travel by mail, the faster it will get there. There is a wonderful series of SF short stories about the frustrated shop keeper who addresses a letter to Alpha Centauri & gets an instant reply welcoming him to the Galactic Postal Union.

Hi Ding,

Mate, its the one you want the most that takes the longest. Bit of a life rule I reckon. Im really surpirised about the States, in my experience their post is the worst of all. The couriers however are bloody fantastic. My preference is always for couriers (cept Carba tec of course)

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com