Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Framing Nails for a Bostitch F33PT

What size framing nails do I need for 35x90mm pine framing for use with a for a Bostitch F33PT framing gun?
    Should they be galvanised?
    Ring Shank?

cheers
    frank

Me thinks you'd need 70 /75 mm nail length x 2.8 min shank. I am not familiar with your type of nailer - best to go to the retailer and see what nails are available - also find out about nails for bracing ply.

Hi there

The Bostich have their own angle ... son you can't use the more poular Senco Nails. Bunnings or a timber supply place have them in general. Shouldn't need Gal unless you are doing something in especially harsh conditions.

I took the advance of asking my local retailer, he sold me a box of 75mm 28 degree paper collated nails. It turns out my framer needs 33 degree nails. I even told the guy the model number of the nailer, look like I need to lump the nails back to glenfords.

Quote Originally Posted by OBBob View Post
    Hi there

The Bostich have their own angle ... son you can't use the more poular Senco Nails. Bunnings or a timber supply place have them in general. Shouldn't need Gal unless you are doing something in especially harsh conditions.
    I have found out that the Bostitch framer I have takes 33 degree nails, in short it is designed for Senco Nails.