Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TOTO,

Hate to point it out, but they are already making "apartments" in China and shipping them out in 3 pieces - each piece 4.5 metres x 10 metres long.

They are for a medium density development at Kelvin Grove in Brisbane which aims to create 36 "affordable" 1 or 2 bedroom ultramodern cluster houses.

The apartments are totally finished in a big factory - complete with designer kitchens,designer bathrooms, doors ,windows, cabling, security,lights,painting and plumbing.

The project has been causing a bit of concern amongst builders that it might be the way of the future.

Nevertheless the most expensive apartment/house cost $190,000 and the entire stock was sold in 3 hours when the project was released in June. Only owner /occuppiers could purchase.

I know someone who got in and bought one so I'll be very curious about the quality and workmanship.

doog

had a client come through the shop recently to get us to "fix" the chinese kitchen they had purchased. When we took a look it was made of cheap inferior materials and was very poorly desgined and manufactured. i wouldnt be going near them. There are plenty of reasonable local flat pack destributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoss View Post
    There are plenty of reasonable local flat pack destributors.
    Kayoss, as you're in the game, any recommendations for flat packs here in Perth. Thanks

I'm not sure if freight would make em expensive to perth but I found this mob in Sydney pretty good. I'm getting all the cupboards etc for a bar through them and then I'll clad it and finish it off myself.
    Bob K

Default Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtoys View Post
    I'm not sure if freight would make em expensive to perth but I found this mob in Sydney pretty good. I'm getting all the cupboards etc for a bar through them and then I'll clad it and finish it off myself.
    Bob K

http://www.diykitchen.com.au/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by arms View Post
    australia has the tightest laws governing formaldahyde used in materials in the world ,these chinese crap they bring in does not meet or even come close to the impositions put on australian manufacturers , so not only are we up against cheap labour but also inferior materials ,those that buy this imported rubbish are not only doing aussie kids out of a job but also endangering their health , but a client who bought one of the imported crap kitchens once told me that "hey, i ,m not going to live in the house so why should i care "
    a caring /sharing aussie i think not !!!!!!!!
    Just on another note did anyone see today tonight last night talking about the amount of formadahyde in clothes coming in from china? Apparently we dont have a maximum safe level of chemicals but some of the samples of clothing had up to 900% of levels allowed in the US and Europe.
    And that was just one of the nasties they found....

Btw most of the time I dislike those type of shows because they are just out to stir the poo but occasionally you see something like this...

Shane.