Default Rain and decking boards

Hi Folks,

So I started doing some external decking using ironbark hardwood decking boards and it is now raining. This area will eventually be roofed however for various reasons I am putting the boards down before the roof and hadn't planned on oiling the boards until the job was finished. The frame is all well seasoned hardwood and the boards are super hard/dense so I thought it would be OK for a coupe of weeks exposed to the weather however I thought I better ask the question.

Any one see any issues here?

TIA

Smile

The only issue that I would be worried about is iron /steel staining the timber when it gets wet. Or tannin forming bloggy patchy marks on the face if the timber doesnt dry evenly (like leaving anything on the deck with water trapped under it - eg Tarps,sheeting, bits of timber eTc.)

If you leave any tools or ungalvanised nails lying on the timber you will find when it stops raining that you have nice black marks all over the face. This will also happen around driven nails if you didnt use galvanised.

they are only aesthetic problems - nothing structural.

Its good to see some rain anyhow

Doog

Thanks DD. Anything external was galvanised even if it was under roof with no chance of getting wet etc. I have also made sure that the deck was clean and nothing was left on it (as I knew leaving boards etc. would cause issues with water sitting). Fingers crossed I don't get too much in the way of bloggy marks etc.

Like you said good to get rain but I had wanted to do some work today.