Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Canberra Timber Show 2007 Sep7-Sep9

Hi
    Have anyone been to the canberra show , i live in sydney, i forgot to get a dewalt nailer they were selling it for 650 dollars, 3 batteries 18v, the nailer, charger, plus a free drill bits i think it was a good deal,does anyone know if dewalt if having a stand because i have checked on the net and it doesn't say anything
    all answers will be appreciated

CT Canberra has a sign saying they will not be at the WW show. They would have the least stock available. Thank goodness for Sydney CT . Bunnings yesterday had some Dewalt gear cheap and the they were made in PRC.
    les

Was it CT who had the deal, or one of the other vendors? (I didn't know CT stocked dewalt...). Oh, and I'm interested in a deal like that one for the cordless nailer!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post
    Was it CT who had the deal, or one of the other vendors? (I didn't know CT stocked dewalt...). Oh, and I'm interested in a deal like that one for the cordless nailer!

Rob
    DeWalt were part of the Gasweld Penrith stand.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    DeWalt were part of the Gasweld Penrith stand.
    Thanks Ross, I'll give them a ring and see if they'll give the same price now. Their web price is about $850 without extras though .

Rob

What is the Canberra show like?

I'm thinking of going down to it because Sydney will be closed that weekend due to a group of ***** having a meeting.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    What is the Canberra show like?

I'm thinking of going down to it because Sydney will be closed that weekend due to a group of ***** having a meeting.
    I've only been once, but it was OK. Nothing too flash. I bought some TC gear there last year, some of which I've only partially regretted (only sort-of true). It'll certainly miss CT not being there since the store here is poor compared to Sydney anyway, and they were in one of the bigger central locations. I'd say that the Canberra show's going the way of the other ones (from what I've heard and read) - less woodwork, more gadgets and non-wood gadgets, etc. (have a look on the forums at the comments). I'll go again this year, although if there's something I really want I'd be tempted to wait for the Melb show.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll check out their web site when it gets closer and then decide.

Ross

Sadly like most good things that come to Canberra they tend to fizzle.

I remember the first couple were quite good with lots of informative seminars. They started to go down hill after a few years and unfortunately some exhibitors have stopped attending.

Then again if people bought gear it would be worth while them coming. You only get out what you put in.

Soon to happen all over again.
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?