Thread: Search Facility

Default Search Facility

I don't think the board search facility is working properly.

After reading a recent thread started by "ClintO" about shooting boards, I tried using the advanced search to pick up the recent (last 6months) posts on shooting boards and only got three results using the keyword "shooting". I know there has been more than that, "forunna" and "DarrylF" started threads recently that included posts that mentioned shooting boards, but those posts didn't show up on the search. I was searching for posts (not threads), "search entire thread" was highlighted and the results were to be displayed as posts (not threads). Did I still manage to stuff it up or is something not right with the board?

P.S I could find the missing posts by searching with my user name
    Dan

Dan,

Well I must have stuffed it up too....my experience this evening was very similar, and I also used the "search by user name" to get around the problem.

Cheers,

P

I used the key word "shooting" and came up with 3 pages of entries.

"shooting boards" 3 posts

"shooting board" 5 posts + 2 from yesterday
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes around 40 seconds!
    Register to get rid of the annoying ads, plus you are able to participate, see all the posts, photos, pdf's, and more.

I thought it was me....so I searched for "shooting" and came up with the same three pages. So it works!

Then I tried something more self-deprecating "blithering idiot" The result : "Sorry, no matches"

OK then, just "blithering" - one match from last year, a thread regarding the adequacies of workmanship on the block.

Now I KNOW that there are at least 10 uses over the last few months and a whole thread containing that combination of words.

Perhaps it doesn't find stuff that's vaguely tasteless?

P

Just tried again and got 7 posts.

Keyword - shooting
    Search entire posts
    At least 0 replies
    6 months ago and newer
    Show results as posts

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...?searchid=2825

Why don't these show up?
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...3424#post53424
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...3247#post53247
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ead.php?t=8509

I must be doing something wrong :confused:
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I don't think the board search facility is working properly.

After reading a recent thread started by "ClintO" about shooting boards, I tried using the advanced search to pick up the recent (last 6months) posts on shooting boards and only got three results using the keyword "shooting". I know there has been more than that, "forunna" and "DarrylF" started threads recently that included posts that mentioned shooting boards, but those posts didn't show up on the search. I was searching for posts (not threads), "search entire thread" was highlighted and the results were to be displayed as posts (not threads). Did I still manage to stuff it up or is something not right with the board?

P.S I could find the missing posts by searching with my user name
    Ok thats because only about 1 third of the posts were indexed in the search engine. I've restarted the indexing and it'll take about 2-3hours to run.

cheers
    Steve
    --
    Woodwork Forums
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!