Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: My Next Project

Hi Madmarvin

I gather you are talking about my wiring diagram. If you meant to have pictures on your post they are not showing up.

No where on my diagram is the green wire indicated as a live wire. As you say the green wire is the earth.

On my diagram the red wire is the live wire and the brown wire from the capacitor which is connected to the red live wire on the ballast.

I notice you are using a 250watt globe.

Where did you get your design from. Because the Lumen Lab design only uses a 250watt globe with the 7inch LCD screen.

Madmarvin

I had a look at the DIYAudio designs and I think that there designs leave a bit to be desired.

Once I could see the pictures on your post it became a bit clearer on what you where talking about. The green wire you are talking about on my diagram is actually connected to the case of the ballast.

What may be not clear on the sketch is another wire that is coloured grey but signifys the white wire going from the ballast to the igniter.

On the ballast there is a red live wire going in from the lamp switch and a red live wire going from the ballast both to the igniter and to one side of the lamp and the brown live wire goes from the red input wire on the ballast to the live side of the capacitor.

The Blue neutral wire comes from the line in to the other side of the capacitor then to the igniter and then to the other side of the lamp.

I hope that clears that up. The only thing you don't mention is a capacitor in your setup. The trouble is that all of these things can vary.

If you aren't really sure maybe you should get an electriction to wire it up.

Because remember with electricity ONE FLASH AND YOU ARE ASH.

thanks for that barry, i got a much better understanding of it now.......
    i had trouble putting the photos up, but i finally got there....

my light bulb puts out 4500K and 20,500 lumens, ive only got an 8" lcd, but im hoping my lens will be top notch, its from a sony crt video projector, it adjusts from 20 to 23cm long, has 3 lenses in it and is 145 mm across, i got the lens and two others with it for $45 on ebay, i think these crt lenses actually have a 5 inch tv bolted onto them in the actual crt projectors, so it should adapt to the lcd system with no worries, if it turns out well, i will use the other lenses for 2 more projectors, but next time, i wont use 9mm craftwood :eek:

no way will i be watching the projector tonight, i didnt realise how many small jobs i had left to do on it, so i havent touched the ballast yet...........

anyway, thanks again.........

Hi Barry
    LL are amazing ordered parts on Thurs 26th, 10.30pm, parcel arrives Tues 31st 12pm or maybe US postal service is, maybe Aust post could learn something from them
    Any way project is full steam ahead !
    Thinking about mowing the lawn doesn`t get it done !

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_White
    The results are ideal watching of movies and TV and as I may have said before the quality out of the projector project is equivelant to a $7000 to $8000 commercial projector.
    Hi Barry,

I'm interested in this project, but I was wondering if you could explain how the output quality compares with the commercial projectors. As I understand it, the DIY projector is using a 1024x768 panel. Does it project a better qualty image than a 1024x768 LCD projector?

My interest is not for movies, but for projecting high quality images, probably from the PC or laptop.

woodbe

Quote Originally Posted by woodbe
    Hi Barry,

I'm interested in this project, but I was wondering if you could explain how the output quality compares with the commercial projectors. As I understand it, the DIY projector is using a 1024x768 panel. Does it project a better qualty image than a 1024x768 LCD projector?

My interest is not for movies, but for projecting high quality images, probably from the PC or laptop.

woodbe
    Hi Woodbe

I really can't answer that as I have never seen a 1024x768 LCD projector working and I have not operated my projector through my computer. All I know is that the resolution is excellent on mine.

The best thing is to have a look on the LumenLab Forum and it is worth paying the $19.95USD to get full access to the whole forum because the information is totally invaluable.

The latest design they are using is with a 17" LCD panel and the resolution is fantastic. Since I built mine the improvements LumenLab have made are very substantial and they are experimenting all the time.

If you have a look here you can see the resolution out of a 17" panel with the latest lenses they have available.

http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index...pic=2898&st=40

Default tempratures

Barry,

I noticed you checked the temprature of your pj. Have you included some sort of protection that turns the light off when the temp gets to high?

Also what environment are you using it in, ie airconditioned? Just thinking how it would go during the hot summer with ambient temps much higher than this time of year.

Great find though. I think this may be my next project.

Quote Originally Posted by smitthhyy View Post
    Barry,

I noticed you checked the temprature of your pj. Have you included some sort of protection that turns the light off when the temp gets to high?

Also what environment are you using it in, ie airconditioned? Just thinking how it would go during the hot summer with ambient temps much higher than this time of year.

Great find though. I think this may be my next project.
    Smithhyy

I have a temperature gauge that records both the temperature in the light box and also the temperature at the LCD screen. I live in an area where the evening summer temperatures don't go much above 30 degrees C and that is pretty rare and the highest the temperature has gone at the LCD is 36 degrees.

I don't have a cutout for the light controlled by the temperature but I do have it wired so that if the fan is turned off the light will go out also.

I don't have air-conditioning in the house but I do have a ceiling fan above the projector.

I also don't use it during the daytime.