Default identifying existing wall structure

Hi there.

Im trying to find out the best way to attach a kitchen to an internal wall but Im unsure of what the structure is. Basically it is about 6mm of what looks like fibre cement then about 50mm of a foam core (it easily indents when pressed) then another 6mm fibre cement all in one structure, it is used for both internal and external walls.

Anyone got any ideas of what it is and how best to attatch something of weight to it without having to bolt all the way through to the other side?

Thanks for any help

dave

How old is it and do you have any piccys?

Al

It might be a Logan home, styrofoam sandwiched between FC sheeting with steel track top and bottom and studs at intervals and sheet joins. Then there is/was another system called Ritek, similar FC/steel stud/foam sandwhich construction but external walls core filled with concrete. I'd grab a stud detector to see if I could find some studs in there, it's doubtful (but not impossible) that it's soley a sandwich construction.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Default Logan home knowledge needed

Found your conversation when googling "Logan Home" to try to find out whether I can safely remove the plastic strips at each internal wall sheet join.
    Any tips for another dweller in paradise greatly appreciated.

Am trying to hang a timber blind and need to remove a section of the plastic strip to screw the blind fitting flush to the wall. Unfortunately it is not going to fit against the metal frame so I hope timber blind isn't too much weight for the wall.

Have always hated the 'strips' every meter along my walls anyway and would love to remove them all sometime and I guess plaster the gaps if it is possible.
    Any suggestions/tips?

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick View Post
    It might be a Logan home, styrofoam sandwiched between FC sheeting with steel track top and bottom and studs at intervals and sheet joins. Then there is/was another system called Ritek, similar FC/steel stud/foam sandwhich construction but external walls core filled with concrete. I'd grab a stud detector to see if I could find some studs in there, it's doubtful (but not impossible) that it's soley a sandwich construction.

Mick

I'm fairly sure that if it's a logan home the divisional moulds will be metal. That said, you can remove a section for your blind brackets. I'd be wary of fixing a blind just to the sheeting, there's a pretty good chance it will tear out of the cement sheeting. There should be a stud either side of the window or door that you can fix to with tek screws.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938