Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Well seeing that my earlier responses where deleted from this thread due to me questioning the honesty of a particular individual based on my personal experience with them, perhaps I should just use his own words and let you decide whether it was warranted.

On 26 June 2006 FlyingDuck said this:

This you can find here https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...67&postcount=3

and then there was this

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...20&postcount=1
    Gee, seems to add up

As I said before no-one looks that closely at a shed, as long as it is big clean and sealed from the elements it's all good. It's what you do inside it that counts , got nothing to do with the shed itself or what tools you put in it (but they are nice to look at too ).

Default And here is the admission

So if you have any doubts about Flying Ducks honesty then I think should settle things for you.

This might be a pretty obvious question to most of you, but I have only been woodworking with my Triton for a couple of years and now want to expand and buy some more machinery.
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...92&postcount=1

As I said in the deleted posts, I can only imagine the manner in which FlyingDuck dealt with this poor builder.

I will let this go now and trust this wont be deleted as there are for the most part, no personal opinions expressed here, only words FlyingDuck has chosen to post.

If I didn't like the look of the C-channels and was planning to rout my cabling/ducting/airlines through 'em anyway, one of the first "customisations" to the shed I'd be looking at doing is installing access/cover plates over the open sections of channel, to limit dust buildup. (My shed's the gantry type and every time a truck rumbles by there's a wee snowstorm of falling particles. Not really good for either my health or freshly spray-finished surfaces... )

Then, if I didn't find the appearance aesthetically pleasing it'd be my own damned fault for doing a bodgy job!
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Well seeing that my earlier responses where deleted from this thread due to me questioning the honesty of a particular individual based on my personal experience with them, perhaps I should just use his own words and let you decide whether it was warranted.

On 26 June 2006 FlyingDuck said this:

This you can find here https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...67&postcount=3

and then there was this

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...20&postcount=1

and this

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showpo...56&postcount=1

I always knew the Triton was the choice of experienced pedantic cabinetmakers.

Well I was surprised to see the post before it was deleted.

But as I knew you are a Barrister I concluded you wouldn't make a claim like that unless you could prove it. So I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the post...... but I'm not a mod .... thankfully
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!! View Post
    If I didn't like the look of the C-channels and was planning to rout my cabling/ducting/airlines through 'em anyway, one of the first "customisations" to the shed I'd be looking at doing is installing access/cover plates over the open sections of channel, to limit dust buildup. (My shed's the gantry type and every time a truck rumbles by there's a wee snowstorm of falling particles. Not really good for either my health or freshly spray-finished surfaces... )

Then, if I didn't find the appearance aesthetically pleasing it'd be my own damned fault for doing a bodgy job!
    Sheds made out of C section are just so . . . .

Well I think this guy has a good reason
    Cheers

TEEJAY

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

(Man was born to hunt and kill)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDuck View Post
    but after 10 years as a cabinet maker you tend to be a bit pedantic about the little touches that make all the difference.
    FD didn't say he was a cabinet maker, he just said that you get pedantic after ten years of being one!

Cheers,

P (You get a lot more pedantic after thirty years of being an architect! )

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    FD didn't say he was a cabinet maker, he just said that you get pedantic after ten years of being one!

Cheers,

P (You get a lot more pedantic after thirty years of being an architect! )

Sounds like an architect trying to be a lawyer to me
    Cheers

TEEJAY

How would you say Flying Duck if you were dislexic
    Cheers

TEEJAY

I wouldn't have even bothered if this guy only forget to remember which story to tell.

I could start an interesting thread, but somehow I don't think it would last too long. Some people....

Flying duck, was there a display shed and if so which way were the columns facing?

Like others have said, IF you don't have proof (documentation) of what you wanted then you will pay dearly for alterations. From personal experience I have found subbies erecting these things are not getting much out of it and stack a hissy fit when asked to do ANY extras.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJAY View Post
    Sheds made out of C section are just so . . . .

Well I think this guy has a good reason
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...chmentid=51676
    What happened to that.
    It's not even loaded up.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnhead View Post
    What happened to that.
    It's not even loaded up.
    I've seen a few sheds blown down like that without the sheeting on them. There is enough surface area to catch the wind from just the "C" sections.

It usually happens when the erector puts all the bays up and hasn't installed the diagonal bracing after he has erected the first two portal frames.

I think it's a bit like a domino effect, one goes down and the rest being connected by the top hats or battens can't help but follow.

Barry's spot on, the bracing would have been lacking. I had used the top hats as bracing on almost every column until the permanent bracing was on.

Edit: just had a look at the first pic posted and that shows the temporary bracing. Teejay do you know if it was in place when the second pic was taken.

I have never seen such a huge spanning shed made from C section bolted back to back.

I am away out west next few days gathering some outback timber - redgum, mulga see if I can identify some gidgee

When I get back to office on Wednesday I will post a few more pics of the shed - looked to be simply a horendous design that was even incapable of holding itself up.
    Cheers

TEEJAY

the opening of the 'C' facing rear of shed looks better, though I wish I had the opening facing the front of the shed for the end frame, oh well, there is always the next shed )