Found this post on another forum,
please don't laugh the kids serious

My parents bought a wooden playhouse for the garden. Unfortunately, this came as a flat pack with an estimated build time of 3 hours. If you’ve read my D.I.Y. posting, then you will understand that this was going to get ugly.

At least two people were required to put the house together. So, I got my trusty toolbox and was ready and willing to assist.

At first, the mood was quite jovial with Dad joking that this was to be my new home but within an hour, not only had I received 2 lots of corner time but I had also been completely banished from the garden.

Admittedly, I probably didn’t react too well when Dad refused to share his power tools with me. It seems to be one set of rules for him and a different set for me. However, I think the final straw came when I filled his precious toolbox with sand. I was promptly marched inside and told that my help was no longer required.

However, it turned out that my help was suddenly good enough after Dad had stupidly left the build instructions on top of our wall and they had blown into our neighbour’s garden.

I was hoisted up by my ankles, dangled over the wall and told to grab the instructions that lay in amongst next-door’s flowers.

“I’ve got it!” I shouted and Dad quickly dragged me back over the wall. I proudly showed him the leaf that I had just picked.

Parental quote of the day No.: 8 “Not a b#*!#y leaf! I don’t want a b#*!#y leaf - I’ve got plenty of those in our garden. I want the b#*!#y instructions! You know, that great, big, white piece of paper next to where that b#*!#y leaf used to be!”

Anyway, about 6 hours later and just as it was getting dark, Dad was putting the finishing touches to my new abode.

Mum suggested that the house needed a knob on the inside to help close the door. Dad said that there was one already and it was called Matthew.

Not sure what he means.