Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pleased you are OK.

But for future reference - as stated above - next time [hopefully long time away] - DON'T tell us until AFTER you have been to the Doctor. If it had been a nasty episode seconds [so the medical people say] can be vital.

Regards,
    Bob

SilentC,

Yes; the doctor I saw mentioned Meuniere's disease, but said I did'nt have it. He was pretty relaxed about my case, suggestiong that it is probably associated with a mild and transient viral infection, or possibly even some sort of dietary imbalance. He led me to believe that I have little to worry about unless I start getting persistent dizzy spells. Anyway I am just thankful it was not a stroke, which is what the triage nurse at Emergency reception told me she thought it was, so I worried about that for four hours while I waited to see a doctor. I will not be driving for a week or two, and will probably start driving like an annoying old fart when I do resume it

Peter,

I can assure you that the cases you have observed at weddings were different from mine - I hadn't imbibed alcohol during the previous 12 hours.

Rocker

Rocker

will probably start driving like an annoying old fart
    You need a medical reason to do that? I thought it was a rite of passage!
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

I had an identical experience a few years ago. Driving at night with a mate along a windy secondary road, and all of a sudden the world began to rotate. I pulled over immediately, and felt fine after about 10 seconds. This was about 5 years ago, and have never had a recurrence.

Glad to know there's nothing life-threatening involved (except for the fact of being disoriented while driving).
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

rrich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    Ahh yes, it's surprisingly common too, I've seen happen at backyard barbecues, sporting events, and it's particularly prevalent at weddings and 21st birthday parties.