Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Chasing my tail

Default Chasing my tail

Before I ask the question I just need to clarify that I will be getting a qualified Sparky to advise and complete the project. I want to do the hard graft and cable laying but the Sparky will be employed to check it and connect it all up and sign it off.

So, the problem is, I will be adding new power points throughout the house and re routing the TV antenna to another wall BUT the house is double brick! Every wall in every room is brick.

Is there a method of routing cables without having to chase it up the wall and through the cornice into the roof cavity? The thought of re plastering and making good the cornice is too daunting.
    There are wooden skirting boards, can I run cable behind that or is that illegal/dangerous?

(The Sparkey has already said that there is no alternative but I thought I would ask the forum)

.... "Don't tell him your name Pike!"

You can actually buy ducted skirting board in which you can run cable. They actually use it in offices where they have partitions and the power points are mounted on the skirtings.

Bit of a pain really having them right down at the floor.

They are usually made from metal with a snap on cover.

The other thing is if you have access under the floor you could run all your cabling under the floor and then just bring it up at the various positions and then mount your power points on the skirtings.

Thanks Bazza
    House is on a slab!
    Could I route a cavity in the back of the skirting to house the cable maybe?

.... "Don't tell him your name Pike!"