Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Default Cheeky little sod.

Had to pick up youngest daughter from pony club yesterday, cool day, everything wet, July, Winter but a brief burst of sunlight.
    Suddenly a squeal from 15 or more girls, go to investigate and find 18" of tiger snake sunning itself on the verandah of the building.
    With the aid of a broom and a feed bag we coaxed it in and secured it and let it go in a bit of bush, little sod was lively and extremely unhappy, never seen one out this time of year before so tread carefully (especially if you are in the Ringwood area, he's waiting for you).
    Is this unusual or do they come out from time to time during winter?
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I don't know but I think a shovel would have been a better tool for that job...
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Too many witnesses

Hey Iain, talking to a friend here and we're trying to work out where this pony club is, she reckons it's the one on Reynolds rd near the end off Springvale rd but that's not Ringwood there, so is she right
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

That one is Donvale Pony Club, Ringwood is at Quamby Reserve right at the back past the two foo ball ovals and behind the tennis club.
    Not far away though.

Arhh yes off Wonga rd, know exactly where that is
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Had to pick up youngest daughter from pony club yesterday, cool day, everything wet, July, Winter but a brief burst of sunlight.
    Suddenly a squeal from 15 or more girls, go to investigate and find 18" of tiger snake sunning itself on the verandah of the building.
    With the aid of a broom and a feed bag we coaxed it in and secured it and let it go in a bit of bush, little sod was lively and extremely unhappy, never seen one out this time of year before so tread carefully (especially if you are in the Ringwood area, he's waiting for you).
    Not unusual Ian snakes dont hibernate as such and if theres a sunny spot out of the wind during winter they may come out of hiding for a while to warm up. I see king browns here occasionally during winter sunning themselve and depending on how close to our house or chooks as to the results
    Pete
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

Just remember guys that it is illegal to kill snakes in Aus. Any snake at all, fines for those who do and I personally have no fear in reporting those who do.

Fear of snakes shows personal weakness and ignorance. They are beautiful creatures who will leave you alone given the chance. Well done putting it back out in the scrub Iain.

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Next time your there, you should drop by for a drink. I live walking distance from there
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Gra View Post
    Next time your there, you should drop by for a drink. I live walking distance from there
    Wish I had known that a couple of years ago
    Many hours have I spent there bored shyteless for the best part of the day.

Wish I had known that a couple of years ago
    Many hours have I spent there bored shyteless for the best part of the day.
    next time your heading that way PM me we will organise something
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys