Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't worry John if I ever post a picture of myself nude on this forum it will be done very tastfully I promise.

I will also try to only use course language and violence when it is in context with the subject matter.

As far as drug use goes...Snnnoooorrrt, I never... Snnnnooorrrt touch the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer View Post
    ???????
    You dont know?????
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

rrich Guest

Ah yes, trash. (a.k.a. Garbage 101 in the US.)

Our city just went to the three bin system for trash collection. (Household garbage, recyclables and green or compost) There was a three page set of instructions explaining how to sort trash. Believe it or not, shed waste goes into the household garbage.

Three trucks make the rounds every week. All powered by compressed natural gas, CNG. Three truck drivers. All this to "Save Money" in trash collection. It's all a crock of used oats!

I will sort garbage but there is no way in H*** that I will wash the garbage.

Hi,

I found backing up a telephone conversation with an email stating what was said gets the ball rolling at our local council. There was a time I would ring about a certain problem and if it wasn't sorted out within a few days I would phone up again to find out what was going on?. More often than not nothing had been done. However, by sending an email they are made more accountable to their rate payers and they cannot use the excuse that there is no record of the telephone conversation. Since doing it this way I have generally had excellent service.

I had a run in with an real estate agency a couple of years ago who didn't take either of my calls (or emails) seriously about the next door tenant needing to have their flat sorted out by a pest control company as they had a cockroach nest in their flat but I appeared to be having more of the dam parasites than they did.

So I went to the agency and asked them when it was going to be sorted out to which I was told would be soon. So I pulled out a nearly full glass jar of cockroaches and sprinkled them around their front office. The receptionist went ballistic as did the woman owner but I said at least they didn't have to cook their meals or sleep with them as I did.

Cheers
    MH

Ah now if you want emotion when dealing with council.... don't speak to the public servants

ring or write to the local councilor.
    If that doesn't gett to much joy, next time write to the local paper with coppies to the local councilor and their political oposition, noting that you have done so.

Now you have someone who cares

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by soundman View Post
    Ah now if you want emotion when dealing with council.... don't speak to the public servants

ring or write to the local councilor.
    If that doesn't gett to much joy, next time write to the local paper with coppies to the local councilor and their political oposition, noting that you have done so.

Now you have someone who cares
    Clearly, you have never lived in the Pittwater Shire in Sydney. The councillors are off with the Pixies at the bottom of the garden and the bureaucrats make the above examples look like the very models of efficiency.

I won't bore everyone with my (modest) house renovation saga but I would very strongly advise anyone contemplating moving to Sydney's beautiful (which they are) northern beaches seriously reconsider. At the very least, buy something already done that requires no further construction or involvement with the council. Failing to take that advice will take years off your life!

Ah now you see the problem was you didn't move far enough north

Problem fixed now

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.