Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Fallen Gutter

Default Fallen Gutter

I have a gutter that has half fallen down - possibly from the heavy rain. It goes the length of the house and one half is touching the ground and the other half is still attached, so it is hanging down.

Can i just mount it back up? its slightly bent.

Should i call the plumber? coz i have these 3.2M ceilings on a weatherboard house. My ladder wont reach!

The plumber would probably be cheaper than buying a ladder but then again maybe not knowing what plumbers charge.

You need to be able to get up there ... guess you could hire a ladder. Otherwise it will probably clip back on ... but you may have some trouble getting the kink back our of it.

I've never had this issue but I'd guess you might have to cut the kink out then slot one part into the other and seal with silicone again. Not sure how you'd go with rust but should be OK if sealed. Also you'de need enough length to do that.

Maybe a plumber is easier but I guess with a call out it will be a couple of hundred once done?

The first ??? that needs to be answered is how long is it? If it's over a certain length you might need more then just your self to stop it kinking when you pick it up, which would mean 2 or maybe more ladders
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Alter the rooflline of the house to match the gutter.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Alter the rooflline of the house to match the gutter.

my house aint a skate park!?

the house length is 11m so about 5 meters of it is hanginging down.

It hasnt twisted or anything but its bent.

i will have a go if its just a matter of "clipping" it back on. borrow the ladder from grandpa.

Is this gutter normally held up by spring clips?
    If it is, then the clip may have lost tension and allowed the clip to slip of the lip on the rear of the gutter.
    The overstrap that holds the gutter up and outward from the metal fascia may also have a problem in locking into the roll on the front of the gutter.

I think ! in 500 is minimum, but 3.3 to 5 is a bit over the top !
    Peter Clarkson

www.ausdesign.com.au

This information is intended to provide general information only.
    It does not purport to be a comprehensive advice.

I have been meaning to hijack this thread for some time now.

Two questions:

1. I can think perfectly well in metres, so why do MM give me so much trouble?

2. Who in the world would call a plumber to re-attach a gutter? It's like calling a brain surgeon to to take a splinter from your finger.
    Cheers,

Bob

1. mm gives me plenty of trouble too. stupid!

2. that's why i asked! i have nfi when it comes to these things. I didn't want to climb up that high with a puny ladder in the rain to find out how i could fix it. fall off and break a leg. btw there is less than a meter between the house and the fence with soil in between. its pretty tricky.

might get a few mates round who have big ladders then

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post

2. that's why i asked! i have nfi when it comes to these things. I didn't want to climb up that high with a puny ladder in the rain to find out how i could fix it. fall off and break a leg. btw there is less than a meter between the house and the fence with soil in between. its pretty tricky.

Don't take me wrong. I thought it just might be an OZZIE thing. You know, plumbers have to do this and sparkies have to do that. I have read some pretty strange rules (strange to me, that is) on here in other threads, so nothing would surprise me. No worries, I have NFI about lots of things!
    Cheers,

Bob

get the mates around, use new gutter mount clips, they are cheap (or as I did many many years ago, a nail & some wire (g.d.r)

Quote Originally Posted by Honorary Bloke View Post
    Don't take me wrong. I thought it just might be an OZZIE thing. You know, plumbers have to do this and sparkies have to do that. I have read some pretty strange rules (strange to me, that is) on here in other threads, so nothing would surprise me. No worries, I have NFI about lots of things!
    its more a noob thing than a ozzie thing i'd say. and the mining boom has given us plenty of spending money so we can afford to hire people to do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrian View Post
    get the mates around, use new gutter mount clips, they are cheap (or as I did many many years ago, a nail & some wire (g.d.r)
    wats gdr?

wats gdr?

grin, duck, run - someone is likely to throw a sharpened object at me for using a nail & wire )