Question Orange Tung Oil A Goer?

G'day Folks

Some time ago I posted about the Tas Oak T&G flooring I am installing over a concrete floor. Someone mentioned that i would learn a thing or two about sore legs, knees, but etc. They were quite right, but i can deal with that as the floor has come up lovely.

Well its coming time to think about finishing this job. I have been put on to Howard Products Orange Tung Oil. http://www.howardproducts.com.au/pro...e_tung_oil.htm
    This is a mix of pure tung oil 70% and pure orange oil 30%.
    The orange oil supposedly makes it dry quicker and makes it more diy friendly to apply. It seems from my limited research that it may take a little more effort to put down a pure tung oil finish but that it is worth it. I am getting a small sample to test it out. As has been pointed out a number of times on this forum there are a number of products out there called tung oil that have bugger all to do with chinese tung nuts.

I would be grateful if anyone has comments about using this product or a similar product, i.e. pure tung oil products. Would it be advisable to use something else in the areas that are going to cop more abuse, e.g. kitchen?

thanks folks,

swampdog

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Can't see why it wouldn't work for you. Most pure tung oil floor finishes aren't really for the DIY market because of the process involved in getting a good finish......so your only other options apart from Howards might be the more routine stuff from Cabots and the like
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.