Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I were blood donors for a long time until pensioned off for various reasons. My wife is on the bone marrow donor list but unfortunately I was just too old when they started.
    Before privacy laws become fashionable we were taken upstairs to see the new baby that was to receive one of my wife's blood donations. It sure makes you feel good that you have helped someone.
    Good on your wife - I am sure her kindness will be repaid many times over
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing story, tts nice to see something like this every now and then, it revives ones confidence in mankind. I think shes wonderful and you are blessed to have her.
    You can never have enough planes, that is why Mr Stanley invented the 1/2s

Post Thanks / Like

Awesaome story there Nathan. Your lady is a very special person and may she be blessed for what she has been able to do.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan, I love that you wanted to tell us all how cool your wife is!!!

Having spent way too much time hanging out in kids' cancer wards with my son, I have seen first hand what goes on from the point of view of a bone marrow recipient and their family. The gift your wife has given is so precious.

I would also urge you all to consider giving blood. There were times when our Ben needed a transfusion and there was so little left that he had to share a bag with some other poor kid. I can't donate (those crazy, crazy cows), so it's a habit of mine to harrass others who can!
    "Look out! Mum's in the shed and she's got a hammer!"

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful story - it brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

Your wife is a marvellous woman and you have every reason to be proud of her.
    - Wood Borer

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan,

What a story. Restores your faith in humans.

Graham

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I suffer from high iron levels and causes a bit of grief for me at times, especially the no red meat bit.
    One of the answers is to get rid of a bit of blood from time to time as we mere men do not have the ability to do this naturally.
    After reading this I will make a regualr appointment with the blood bank and help two people in one go and possibly three if the marrow suits.
    Also, as an aside, I was followed up some years ago when Pope John Paul came to Australia as my blood group is the same as his was (A-), have no idea where the info on my blood type was found as I had never been to a blood bank and can only assume it was from the military some years earlier.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a wonderful thing your wife did.

She is one strong lady (as most of us are ) so after that she should breeze through challenges like popping out babies...

Wanted to agree with whoever said it's extremely unlikely to get a bone marrow donor match. I have been on the registry for nearly 20y and the phone still hasn't rung.

Which reminds me I must get back to the blood bank now that I am not pregnant, breastfeeding or doing IVF...

Steph